Re-boot - Trendy CurvyTrendy Curvy

Wine-OTK-1bFinalF

Wine-OTK-2FinalF

Wine-OTK-3FinalF

Wine-OTK-4Final

Wine-OTK-6Finalb-F

WIne-OTK-5Final

Over-the-knee boots are the iconic footwear of Fall/Winter. Every year I see celebrities and fashionistas rock these boots with each fierce look and for a while I was envious because I could not find any that fit me. I’m sure like some of you, I have wide calves so that was already a struggle in and of itself. Then you add my thighs into the equation and you can just forget about it. I can’t tell you how many failed attempts that I’ve had but finally retailers started to catch on that us wide-calf, thick thigh ladies were being left out. So you know I took full advantage and rock them whenever I get a chance.

So this look is all about the boots or at least that’s how it all started. I snagged these faux suede OTK boots from Charlotte Russe and it was love at first sight. I just knew that I was going to build an outfit around them. The burgundy paired so well with light grey so I created a monochromatic top and bottom to highlight the combination. A fedora was necessary to complete the look and luckily I had one in my closet that matched the boots perfectly. Don’t you just love when that happens?! It was meant to be and was the perfect accessory to top off my outfit!

Hat: Shoes.com (Forever 21 similar) | Sweater: Old Navy | Jeans: Old Navy (similar) | Boots: Charlotte Russe

*Fit notes: These are not wide calf boots however they do have stretch. I typically have to wear wide calf boots especially with over the knee but these fit comfortably. The widest part of my calf measures at 18.5″.

• Jennifer Williams December 4, 2017 at 1:49 am

You look great Kristine. I liked the color of your boots and they blend perfectly well with your grey colored jeans and sweater. Those big sized hoops you are wearing are awesome; they accentuate your pretty face. In fact all your posts are very impressive. Fashion is for everyone; curvy or not curvy- way to go gal!

• Kristine December 4, 2017 at 9:00 am

Thank you so much Jennifer! And yes fashion is truly for everyone xoxo

• Kim Silverman December 1, 2017 at 8:59 am

LOVE these! Charlotte Russe is Killing me, us tall girls with big feet also need shoes!!!! LOL You look great!

• Kristine December 1, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Thanks so much Kim!

• Claudette November 29, 2017 at 1:57 pm

I just want to thank you for your style I have been able to recreate a few, I also love how you tell about the fit I’ve ordered a few thing without reading the entire content and had to return a few because they did not fit.

P.S. I’ve already ordered the boots

• Kristine November 29, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Thank you for following! But yes I started to put in fit notes because it is hard to figure out what size you should order and the whole return/exchange process can be really annoying. Trying to help as best as I can. Hope you love the boots!

• Diva Dealzz November 29, 2017 at 4:55 am

Your ideas are so different. All the outfits you share is so impressive.

• Kristine November 29, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Awwww thanks so much!

• Ines November 28, 2017 at 3:42 am

The maroon and grey look stunning paired together! Love the way you team grey sweater with skinny jeans, OTK maroon boots, and a wide-brim hat. Looks sophisticated!

Best,
    Ines from http://inestrend.com

• Kristine November 29, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Thanks so much Ines!

• Gigi Kiersten November 27, 2017 at 9:43 am

Those boots are everything Kristine, and the color is fantastic. And yes, the struggle is real. I found these beautiful brown suede boots and they could not fit up my calf and I was so disappointed. However, I was so determined to wear them than I just wore them half zipped. LOL! I’m going to have to start buying from Charlotte Russe, all of my friends have been shopping from them for years, and I’m just now catching on.

• Kristine November 29, 2017 at 2:09 pm

LOL! Trust me, we’ve all been there and worn something that doesn’t fit because we wanted them so bad. I’m totally guilty. Luckily we have more options (thank goodness!). But yea give these a try as well as some others from plus retailers like Lane Bryant and Torrid. All great quality

• Karen G. November 26, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Now this is style, can’t explain how great this look is on you. I need it all! ❤

• Kristine November 26, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Thanks so much!

• Christy November 26, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Yes ma’am I have been envying the ladies this season with their knee high and thigh high boots. You look great in yours!!! I’m wondering have my thighs ever been so small that boots could go up them. With the thickest part of my calves being around 17″, my thighs will NEVER feel a boot come up them but every year around this time of year a girl dreams.

• Kristine November 26, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Thank you!! Yes definitely look around because there are so many more options now.