Color Match - Trendy CurvyTrendy Curvy

Lime-Olive-3

Lime-Olive-2

Lime-Olive-4

Lime-Olive-6

Lime-Olive-5

Lime-Olive-7

It’s no secret that color is my secret weapon when styling outfits. I love to mix & match to create unexpected combinations. It allows for the simplest of pieces that when combined, look more polished and chic then they do on their own. Colorblocking is a tried and true method to achieving this because it allows you to combine two completely different shades. However,  it doesn’t always have to be opposite colors. Sometimes, it can actually be the same color, just blending different hues.

This look is a perfect example of that. Green is the foundation however, with the top being lime green and the skirt being an olive tone, it showcases the differences even within the same primary color. There are endless options when it comes to color and the ways in which you decide to wear them. This same method can translate to really any shade under the sun. And as you will see from the links below, this outfit is very affordable yet still stylish. It’s the best of both worlds!

Bodysuit: Forever 21 | Skirt: Boohoo | Clutch: INC International Concepts | Shoes: Charlotte Russe

• Reply Care August 1, 2017 at 4:35 pm

This is really cute!

• Reply Omotola August 1, 2017 at 3:55 am

Hi Kristen,
    My name is Omotola, I live in Lagos. Nigeria. I love your blog!!! I’m curvy and so was very happy when I came across you. Your styles and dress sense are fabulous! I’m so in love with the level of confidence you exhibitand in turn transfer to your fans. I’m so trying out your tips. I’m very busty, could you please do a post on us busty ladies? Love you loads!

• Reply Kristine August 2, 2017 at 10:59 am

Thanks so much Omotola! I’m busty as well so all of my clothes naturally fit bustier women. Just scroll through my posts and hopefully you can find some inspiration. xoxo

• Reply Gigi Kiersten July 31, 2017 at 11:06 am

Thanks for writing this post, Kristine. I have also been experimenting with color mix and matching lately. I have been using resources such as design-seeds.com as color inspiration. By the way, I love the skirt. I just love the ruffle and shape of the skirt. It’s just so cute!

• Reply Kristine August 2, 2017 at 10:53 am

Thanks so much Gigi!

• Reply Judy July 30, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Genius! Kristine every week you keep surpassing the previous week. The skirt is all shades of beautiful.

• Reply Kristine July 30, 2017 at 9:48 pm