Summertime Fine - Trendy CurvyTrendy Curvy

Blue-Neon-1

Blue-Neon-2

Blue-Neon-3

Blue-Neon-4

Blue-Neon-5

Blue-Neon-6

Summer is here ladies and gentlemen! The time that we all have been waiting for. Temperatures heated up in the blink of an eye here in Los Angeles, going from mid 70s as the high, to 90 and even 100 degrees! Needless to say my wardrobe is consisting of dresses, skirts, shorts and only fabrics that are light and breathable.

I found this great cobalt blue dress while browsing online. I love the richness of this shade as its the perfect palette for the season. It’s also great for keeping me cool during this heat wave. You all know that I love color blocking even in a subtle way so I decided to sprinkle in some neons to add to the look. Neon colors are always on trend when temperatures start to rise so don’t be a afraid to add a bright pop to your outfits. These colors mesh together beautifully but can also work with many other combinations (i.e. neon and pink, cobalt and orange, etc.). Try different color palettes to come up with your own unique look!

Dress: Nordstrom Rack, wearing XL (very similar in plus here) | Shoes: Smash Shoes

• Imelda Ido July 9, 2016 at 5:36 am

Hi.
    You are very georgeous. I’m un love with your style. I’m a plus size women and I love bodycon dress but I’m ambarassed to wear them because I have a belly. Can you help me with that? What’s your secret for having that kind of belly?
    Excuse me for my english !!!?

• Kristine July 9, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Thank you! I would say get a good pair of quality shapewear. My favorites are spanx and Maidenform. Hope that helps

• Myshante July 1, 2016 at 1:47 am

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! How do you find shapewear that is seamless? I have gained so much weight in this past few years and have finally accepted being a plus sized girl. I would love to wear things like a bodycon dress, but I can’t seem to fine shapewear that will help smooth things out like you do. Could you please, please help me? You can email me if you want to be discreet, but I really need your help. I love your confidence.

• Kristine July 4, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Thank you! My favorite brands for shapewear are spanx and Maidenform. They give you the smooth appearance that you are looking for

• James Benita June 29, 2016 at 7:34 pm

You are working this outfit, and the color is vibrant especially the heels. Love it.

• Kristine June 29, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Thanks so much!

• Benedicte June 29, 2016 at 10:20 am

This color looks so good on you, gorgeous outfit!
    Please check out my new fashion inspiration blog: http://tfmbe.blogspot.be/
    Thanks! x

• Kristine June 29, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Thank you!

• Morgan June 27, 2016 at 9:57 pm

So gorgeous, every bit of it!

• Kristine June 28, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Thank you Morgan!

• Kay June 27, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Love the dress! What kind of shape wear are you wearing?

• Kristine June 27, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Thank you! It’s from Macys, Maidenform brand

• Francesca Rossell√≥ Gornals June 27, 2016 at 5:59 pm

You look absolutely stunning! I love this outfit and I LOVE bodycon dresses on plus-sized and curvy women (I don’t know whether I’d be brave enough to wear one, though). I think this colour really suits your skin colour, too. Do you usually wear any sort of shapewear under this kind of dresses? If so, what brand do you go for? I have tried several, but all of them seem to accentuate my muffin top instead of making it look flat. If I found some shapewear that didn’t penetrate my skin on the hips and my back – therefore not hiding my flabby parts but simply changing their location – and simply gave it a flat-looking appearance, I might give it a try! One of the problems I usually face while shopping online on international websites is that they don’t ship items to Spain (where I am from) or that the shipping cost is too expensive. Any budget-friendly online shop that any of you know? Thanks a lot and KEEP IT UP, GIRL!

• Kristine June 27, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Thanks so much Francesca! I do wear shapewear. I have a pair from the Maidenform brand. As far as clothing is concerned, I believe ASOS ships to Spain and they have some pretty affordable options but outside of that, I’m not sure. Thanks for your support!

• Kim June 27, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Those shoes though! Wow! I had never heard of Smash Shoes, as a girl who wears a size 11 I thank you!

• Kristine June 27, 2016 at 8:28 pm

You are so welcome Kim! Smash Shoes is ran by a really good friend of mine so I’m so happy to hear that you can benefit from her line

• Bettye Rainwater June 27, 2016 at 2:07 am

Wow, you look AMAZING in that dress! Love the pops of neon yellow.

I so enjoy seeing bold contrasts on other people, I’m more of a neutral/black/white gal.

Stay cool!

• Kristine June 27, 2016 at 2:35 am

Thank you so much!

• Naomi June 27, 2016 at 1:21 am

Love your style & this color combo, those shoes bring it all together.

• Kristine June 27, 2016 at 2:35 am

Thank you Naomi!

• Kendra June 27, 2016 at 12:56 am

Wow, Summertime Fine forreal, killing that dress diva, I need to get like you! ??

• Kristine June 27, 2016 at 2:36 am

Aww thanks so much Kendra!