Happy New Year everyone!! I absolutely love when a new year comes around because to me it symbolizes new opportunities, a new season, and just another chance to get things right. As cliche as it is, I do make a list of New Years resolutions and even if I break them, at least I tried right?! This year though, my New Years resolutions will be less about doing things because I feel that I should be doing them and more about doing things that make me happy and make me a better person. So here’s just a few of my resolutions for 2015:
1. Leave the country! Stop dreaming about traveling and just go. Get lost in the wonders of life and go on an adventure. Make memories that will last a lifetime for those memories will be far more valuable than money will ever be.
2. Help strangers. Each month, make it a point to help someone in need. Life is much more than the hustle and bustle of trying to make it, its about spreading love and helping others along the way. “Start where you are, use what you have and do what you can.”
3. Spend more time with God! Devote time each morning to rest my mind, put aside my worries and just sit in silence to hear Him. Open my Bible, take out a pen and paper and start my day off right.
4. Try a new exercise class. Sign up to take a new workout class each month. Anything from cardio barre, a new boot camp, pilates or even the dreaded cycling. Grab some girlfriends and make it a date.
5. Become Julia Childs/Michelle Obama/Oprah. Ok I know this one is a little far fetched but the point is to not limit myself and my abilities. I CAN be great at a lot of things. I CAN be an entrepreneur. I CAN be an amazing cook, help run the country and be a business mogul. Who am I to think otherwise?
No matter what your resolutions are, I pray that 2015 is your best year yet! I hope that all of your goals are realized and that you experience the fulfillment of life and all that it has to offer. Also, I can’t let 2014 pass by without thanking all of your for your continued support and love. TrendyCurvy has grown tremendously in the past year and I am just amazed by the messages and comments that inspire me to keep going. As always, I want to thank my amazing photographer for his continued support. Peace and blessing to you all!
Photographer: Steve Suavemente