3-Dimensional Fashion - Trendy CurvyTrendy Curvy

April 21, 2014

3 Dimensional 2

3 Dimensional 4

3 Dimensional 3

3 Dimensional 7

3 Dimensional 6

Embellished details, or what I have nicknamed “3D Fashion” is a big trend for Spring. Appliques, beading, brooches and more are all being applied to garments, giving fashion a completely new and interesting dimension. From far away, it can almost look like a pattern but as you get closer, you see the details and the intricacy of the pieces and that’s what makes it stand out.

This skirt was most definitely a risk. I had a visceral reaction to seeing it online and it immediately caught my eye. At the time though, I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. The more I looked at it though, the more I was intrigued. The flower pendants by themselves are just darling but there is an added element with the neon green leaf-like…plastic thingys (I couldn’t think of another way to say it). Of course, floral designs are definitely on trend but this is almost a rebellious floral, one that is tired of just being darling and pretty. This floral design wants a little edge and that is what sealed the deal for me. Because of that, I decided to let the skirt shine all on its own with muted accessories and just a hint of color in the shoe.

Top: ASOS | Skirt: ASOS | Shoes: Foreign Exchange

• Nikkimaria April 24, 2014 at 11:05 am

I love Asos clothing and you look very nice in the outfit

• Kristine April 24, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Thank you so much!

• Keirra April 24, 2014 at 2:10 am

Hi Kristine, you look awesome. Im in love with this skirt. I shop at asos a lot, but i always buy from the curve/plus size and i see you got this skirt from the regular women clothing and i was wondering what size do think i could get in this skirt if i wear a size 16/18? Or would it even fit me ?

• Kristine April 24, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Hi Keirra. Thanks so much for your comment! I am normally a size 16 and I was able to fit into a size 14 just fine. This skirt has a good amount of stretch to it since it is “scuba style” so it works out great for us curvy girls. Happy shopping!

• Amelia April 21, 2014 at 9:21 pm

You look awesome. Love the skirt!

• Kristine April 21, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Thank you Amelia!

• Yahaira Reina April 21, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I love your fashion taste! I think is so inspirational. I know this has nothing to do with this blog but how do you go about shopping for jeans. It’s really hard for me to find the perfect fit. Also follow me in Instagram. Yreina22.

• Kristine April 21, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Thank you so much Yahaira! (such a pretty name by the way) Finding good jeans is very difficult for me too but I have narrowed down a few places that I just feel have a great fit. One of them is H&M and another is a company that I have just recently discovered. Stay tuned for next week’s blog post as I will be wearing their jeans.

• Joliloquy Jones April 21, 2014 at 8:27 pm

This is it, you are bomb. I be loving all of the fashions you display.

• Kristine April 21, 2014 at 8:32 pm