Spring Trends 2014: Pastels - Trendy CurvyTrendy Curvy

March 16, 2014

Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow 2

Mellow Yellow 4

Mellow Yellow 5

Mellow Yellow 3

The first day of Spring is officially March 20th but the trends have already started to roll out. According to Fashion Bomb Dailyand Glamour Magazine, pastels are one of Springs must-have looks. High-end designers such as Phillip Lim, Jason Wu and Miu Miu (pictured below) all featured pastel looks in their runways shows. Pink, lavender and blue hues are infused into fashion with a sort of understated boldness.

I went with a monochromatic pastel yellow outfit. I saw this River Island skirt online and loved it. I thought that the yellow color is a little unexpected since the majority of pastel looks so far have leaned more towards pinks and lavender. Also, beyond this yellow top that I paired it with, I can wear it with white, royal blue, mint green. The possibilities are endless.

Stay tuned for more Spring trends and where to find them for the plus size frame.

Shirt: American Apparel | Skirt: ASOS | Shoes: Steve Madden

spring-2014-pastel-trend-burberry-carven-phillip-lim-versace-balmain

Photo courtesy of Fashion Bomb Daily

pastel nyfw spring 2014 trend

Photo courtesy of Glamour Magazine

• Alexandria April 24, 2014 at 2:17 am

i came across your Instagram a few days ago and I love your style. I also shop Asos a lot and wanted to know what Size you get when shopping their site because I am a little skeptical about how there Curve bran sizes work as well as there regular sizes. Please help me out, thank you!

• Kristine April 24, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Thank you Alexandria! When I first discovered ASOS, I shopped exclusively in the Curve section (since I am normally a size 16) but, with the exclusion of pants and shorts, I found that those items tended to run a little big on me. I took a chance and ordered a size 14 from the regular sizes and ever since then, I have mostly stuck to the regular sizes. I mainly order the items that will have a little stretch, like the bodycon or scuba style clothing, but some items with a little less give fit as well so you just have to try it out. It definitely helps that they have such an easy return/exchange process. I hope that helps! Happy shopping!

• Latricia Smith April 7, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I love your style!!

• Kristine April 7, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Thank you so much!

• Imani March 17, 2014 at 12:10 am

This is gorgeous!!! I need to look for a pastel outfit now!!

• Kristine March 17, 2014 at 2:26 am

Thank you so much! And yes pastels are definitely in!

• Brazil Benett March 16, 2014 at 10:22 pm

You are radiant in yellow. Love it!

• Kristine March 16, 2014 at 10:24 pm