Stripes - Trendy CurvyTrendy Curvy

April 27, 2014

Stripes 2 CC

Stripes 3 CC

Stripes 8 CC

Stripes 7 CC

Stripes 10 CC

There’s just something about black and white stripes that are so eye-catching. And what better way to rock them than with a wrap top that’s perfect for the warmer weather. I wanted to keep the look somewhat casual so I paired it with skinny jeans and my favorite pair of red pumps to add a bit of color.

Let’s talk about these jeans for a minute though. I think that every woman echoes my sentiments when I say that well fitting jeans are hard to come by. For me, I always run into one of two problems: they either stop at my hips and refuse to budge or they do fit over my hips but the waist is too big. Anybody else experience this? Well, I have been able to hone in on a few brands of jeans that have become my favorites but I have to say that I have found a new favorite in Poetic Justice Jeans. Their slogan is “Jeans that fit your shape” and that couldn’t be more true. The stretch factor (my curvy girls know what that means) is just enough to conform to your body but not too much to make it seem as though you are wearing jeggings or something similar to that. I highly recommend if you are in the market for a new pair and you can get 30% off. Use coupon code TrendyCurvy30 to get 30% off any regular priced item! Check out another one of their jeans in the photos below.

Top: ASOS | Jeans: Poetic Justice | Shoes: Enzo Angiolini | Bag: H&M

Scarlett Snake 2 CC Fin

Scarlett Snake 4 CC Fin

Jacket: H&M | Jeans: Poetic Justice | Shoes: Forever 21

• pamela nkosi May 2, 2014 at 2:49 pm

hi Kristine this is pamela. My name is pamela nkosi from south africa,Durban. I follow you everyday on your blog because i have no self esteem whats so ever. I feel depressed everyday no knowing how to dress my plus size body. And the stores just depress me more in life also. Thank you very much. You are a true inspiration. Can you also put tips on how you apply your make up and what brand do you use mostly

• Kristine May 4, 2014 at 1:07 am

Hi Pamela,
      Thanks so much for your message! It’s a honor that you follow my blog frequently all the way from South Africa! Please know that you are beautiful! I don’t even have to see you to know that this is true. No need to be depressed because you are uniquely made and nothing about you is a mistake. Shoot me your email address and I’ll research companies that ship to South Africa so that you have some options for clothing. Thanks so much for following my blog!

• Nakisha April 29, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Love your style! I’m not a fashionista like YOU :) but I sew and you are giving me all manner of inspiration for my new summer wardrobe. You definitely have a new fan!

• Kristine April 30, 2014 at 5:37 am

Aww thanks so much! I’m sure you are a fashionista, you are just being modest :-)

• Sarah Audu April 28, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Yeah girl I tend to have that problem with jeans. Love the first look, the striped wrap top is amazing.

• Kristine April 30, 2014 at 5:36 am

Thank you Sarah!

• Akida Naloo April 28, 2014 at 3:05 am

You have such a great sense of style, Trendy Curvy! I love all of your looks including these featuring the jeans. I like so many plus size bloggers, & am an aspiring psblogger, myself. I would say you are in my Top 3-5 picks of favorite bloggers in terms of your style and use of color. I LOVE bold colors & prints. Thank you for sharing your art through fashion.

• Kristine April 28, 2014 at 3:56 am

Thank you so much Akida! It is an honor to be one of your favorite bloggers and I wish you the best of luck with your journey as a blogger as well! Be sure to share your website info when it is up and running so that I can support.

• Patricia Coke April 27, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I truly love your fashion! I now care about what I look like..thanks for making me love fashion again..keep up the amazing work!

• Patricia coke April 27, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I love this look! You don’t know me but I literally began to follow you because I truly admire your style. You have given me a new outlook on fashion for curvy girls. I gave up on fashion a long time ago and just stop caring..so thank you for making me realize how much fun fashion should be! -Patricia C.

• Kristine April 27, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Thank you so much Patricia! So sweet of you to say. I truly appreciate your message and I’m so glad that my blog could inspire you. Take care and God bless

• DeLoyalty Mingo April 27, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Love this one, looking good in those jeans girl!

• Kristine April 27, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Thank you!

• Zara Willis April 27, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I love your blog. Can I ask please what size that black and white top from ASOS is?

• Kristine April 27, 2014 at 10:10 pm